Saturday, November 13, 2010

Oh, Alchemy on WESN

Thursday night was Oh, Alchemy live in the WESN studios.  As before any OA event, there was lots of fun anticipation and excitement about playing.  The radio is such a nebulous forum for playing live, in some ways, just due to the ambiguity of the situation.  You don't know how many people are listening or how you sound...if you can even be heard.  We did begin with lots of sound issues.  It was a struggle to hear vocals and we tried several things to make the vocals louder.  David was able to find a way to make it happen.  I'm not sure what he did.  I think he moved the monitor closer to Ben and Jason and managed to hook up cables in some way to make vocals louder.  To me, it is an amazing thing and I am thankful it worked out so well.  Due to this issue, we started about 30-45 minutes later than we would've liked to begin. 

Since we started late, we also decided to just play through the show and had a small interview after the performance.  I have the best time playing with my bandmates.  I have to remind myself how much I love playing with them and just enjoy the opportunity for what it is.  I often get tied up with thinking more about who listened and who asks about the show post-performance and what comments are made to me or others after...I think I want everyone to be as excited about everything Oh, Alchemy does as I am...and that just isn't the case.

Either way, the feelings of sad or feeling any sort of down seem to disappear as we begin to move on to the next performance and don't worry about it any longer.

The performance was good.  Aside from the sound issues.  We got through all the songs...new ones and some songs we have played for years.  It was very worthwhile and I hope we play there again soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment