Sunday, October 24, 2010

"Spelling Alicia"

I had too many potential expectations for today.  I thought I would go skating and/or hula hoop with the hula hoop group and/or get sushi out...I didn't plan anything very well today and it all evaporated.  I was able, however, to get out and have an overly complicated iced caramel macchiato skinny and upside-down during the mid-afternoon to help quell my mid-afternoon headache.  My caffeine addiction confirmed.  The headache disappeared and I enjoyed a very yummy beverage.  I also spent some time being several types of leisurely at Target.  I tend to purchase a sampling of items from each section within the store around payday time, not always a great idea.  I did, however, purchase gummi vitamins, just because they exist...and well, I've never liked vitamins as much as I do now. 

Had a great time at the Lebowski Fest party last night.  I didn't do too much for dressing up but I wore green nailpolish and that was my contribution.  I thought about bringing a rug to 'tie the room together' but backed off of that too...much due to lazyness.  I tend to fall in and out of excitement with motivation.  Those two things are really meant for each other.  Still, I had a great time bowling and hanging with good friends.  I did decide I tend to appear more awkward than cool in a bowling alley, very fish out of water.  I forgot my socks, I asked the guy at the snack counter about a pitcher of beer, I chose a ball by wondering around and if I didn't shout out an expletive, the ball wasn't too heavy.  I'm not a horrible bowler but I certainly could've used improvement.  I wound up buying socks (very neatly folded and wrapped in a rubber band) to use in order to play a couple of games.  I picked up the 7 1/2 shoe size as well, which I learned, was men sizes.  I didn't realize this and the shoes were a little floppy and cumbersome.  I realize this sounds like a lot of excuses for my game...my shoes were too big, I didn't have my own socks, the ball was too heavy, etc. but, yea I could've tried harder.  Either way, I did have fried pickles, which I kinda love.

I had my first White Russian, which was very good.  I had one and only one but it was great.  Zee Pigs in Blankets, were very slidey but pretty yummy.  The company, however, was by far, the best thing about the party.  Meghan had a list of achievement which included various tasks and things that could be included/suggested by others and, if completed, the person would then get a gold star.  It was pretty adorable.  "Spelling Alicia" actually made the list, which made me laugh lots.  I didn't realize it was that difficult and/or would qualify as an item to be accomplished on the list.  The good thing about it though, for me, it is an automatic star.  It is kinda nice to be successful without really trying. Fun group and watching the movie with everyone was a blast. 

No comments:

Post a Comment