Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Unexpected Cookie

So, my new blog is here...all names subject to change...title, images, thoughts, comments, emotions...I hold zero accountability for consistency.  Thoughts are usually random and tend to arrive without warning or consideration for anything other than a moment or reflection.  I errr and umm and ohhh.  I'm consistently inconsistent.

Because the intro here was written with a frustrated hand and wounded ego...I'm going to backtrack to earlier today and all signs pointed to awesome...

I take on whatever challenge is thrown at me...good, bad, indifferent...take aim and catapult.  The worry about what approach to take and/or how to actually take on the challenge is what comes later.  Monday came on like a Monday proving true its namesake and reputation to lend me some work-related pressure.  This continued until mid-week...

Waking up at 5am helps nothing, no one, and doesn't make anything better ever.  It isn't better when I leave an hour earlier than before or when I am trying to get to sleep one hour earlier at night.  However, griping about it and not being able to find any sort of joy doesn't suit me very well either.  So, anything that helps makes things less hypnotic...is good.  Today, it was my Americana, cream no sugar and the ultra-peppy barista who forced me to smile and wake up as she brilliantly recited associated commentary as it related to the scone assortment available at Sbux.  With panache, finesse, flair, and feeling downright giddy after the introductions I gladly ordered the warmed blueberry scone...thought of a ridiculous name for a place that would never exist "Scone Zone: The Pastry Sports Bar (there's pastries, there's sports!) Yea I know it doesn't make any sense...but it makes me smile.  These are the things that make 5am...okay.

There's more: day is wearing on and I am making the assignment seem quite workable...less of a challenge and more of an obstruction by design.  Talking with people I like a lot and just being able to focus...helped.  Going through the day and noticed a bag of cookies...not just any bag but the generic white 'someone went to a bakery' bag.  Inside...cookies, unsupervised cookies.  Well, I did wait until the cookies were spoken for to find out they were brought in by someone to share with all of us.  Hoo-ray!  I love unexpected cookies.  Unexpected cookies are better than expected cookies...hands down, no contest, it's just the truth.  Julie called me a "smart cookie" the other day and I would still make the argument that the "unexpected cookie" is far more appealing...

And the day became that much more unexpected... Afternoon hula hooping, which I am coming to find, is a great stress reliever as well as good way to make the best out of my new handmade hula hoop that cost me a decent amount of bucks in the 'what would you pay for a hula hoop?' category.  I'm really very good at it and I don't feel bad about saying that...here's why: when you are good at something I believe one should shout it from the rooftops...you don't have to spend hours practicing, you don't have to work on improvement, you don't have to second guess yourself...ever, you are good at it and that is bonafide.  SO, here ye here ye, etc.

Now, I'll just skip to the Tilt-A-Whirl:  I don't know if there is ever truly a time when you wake up in the morning and think "I'm going to hit the Tilt-A-Whirl today (especially mid week at a random carival that makes sense only in your dreams)...So, Karen and I went on the Tilt-A-Whirl.  The Tilt-A-Whirl is not to be confused with the Rock-O-Plane.  The spellings may look similar and the inferences you could make from the name alone, could make the ride very well seem one in the same.  Not true.  The Tilt-A-Whirl doesn't go upside-down (thankfully, otherwise I might have another story to tell related to "cookies" and the potential for "tossing" them...) The Tilt-A-Whirl does just that...it tilts and whirls.  You think you are in control of the amount of tilting and whirling, however...I'm suddently thinking this is false.  There was way too much satisfaction on the ride operator's face during my moments of spinny agony.  Still, whatever the case, whoever was in control, and despite the fact that I thought I might be tilting and whirling until the sun came up tomorrow morning...the ride ended and everything was okay.  In fact, I laughed A LOT and screamed even more and had a fun time.  Still, I won't say the Tilt-A-Whirl and I will be sharing laughs again any time soon.  It was this day...

5 comments:

  1. Yay! Blog! Happy newblogday!

    "Unsupervised cookies" lol

    Speaking of Tilt-A-Whirl and how it doesn't go upside down, my favorite ride at Great America is one that actually does not go upside-down. It's Ricochet. When riding on it, it feels like you are running and leaping, running and leaping. Like you are a huge big robot leaping over all the people there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice! I was a fan of the Screaming Eagle at Six Flags Over Mid-America/St. Louis. This is the oldest coaster in the park. It is wooden and makes all sorts of creeky, scary sounds when you are riding it...but its very fast...and it doesn't go upside-down

    ReplyDelete
  3. OK, so I was watching Delocated tonight...and they said Scone Zone!! I was like whoa! Crazy synchronicity! Now they didn't add all the sports bar stuff, but hey, nobody's perfect! It will probably show up here in a few days if you need proof: http://video.adultswim.com/delocated/index.html the episode was called "Fidence"

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's very cool...I"ve never heard of "Delocated" but I will take a look. I'm pro-synchronicity though

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cool beans, yeah it's definitely something you should check out. It's pretty weird, but very funny (at least based on my sense of humor). It's from Jon Glaser who used to do crazy bits on Conan O'Brien. And now the episode I was talking about is finally online! http://video.adultswim.com/delocated/fidence.html

    ReplyDelete